The team is very glad to announce the release of HtmlUnit 2.0, which is an Open Source headless java browser that simulates Internet Explorer and Firefox.
Out of various enhancements, the following are the most important:
- The codebase migration to Java 5, with heavy usage of generics
- Implementation W3C DOM, so it can be used with other libraries
- Better XPath support, by switching to Xalan instead of Jaxen
- Few incompatible changes, all documented in the changes list
- Improved support for incorrect HTML code